New Urban Gallery project!
But I noticed these shadows and I knew it meant it was sunny. – David Hockney
QUESTIONS TO HELP YOU GET STARTED:
The Youth Art Team summer camp participants developed the selection criteria and a list of questions so you know what students are looking for when choosing people for the Urban Gallery:
- How do they show they care about you or other people?
- Describe a sacrifce this person has made for another person.
- What small things has this person done that have made a bigger impact?
- In what ways does this person inspire others?
- Tell a story about a time they made another person feel safe.
- What have they done to change your life or the lives of other people?
- What do they say to be funny?
- Tell this person’s beautiful story, journey, or adventure.
- Describe a time when this person was selfless.
- Will you tell a story about a time when they were afraid. How did they overcome their fear?
- Describe a time when this person took a risk – something that could cause them pain or pose a threat.
- How has this person tackled the “dark” by adding “light”?
- How does this person show strength and grit?
- Describe a time when this person stood up for another person or something they believed in.
- Will you tell a story about a time when this person had to keep going, even though it was hard?
The new Youth Art Team Urban Gallery Installation project is supported, in part, by the Iowa Arts Council, a division of the Iowa Department of Cultural Affairs, the National Endowment for the Arts, the R.J. McElroy Trust, Omega Cabinetry, and First Presbyterian Church (Waterloo).